This past week True North Nomad was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by our friend Laura at Laura Lecce’s Art and Photography blog. To say I was flattered and humbled by this gesture would be an understatement since Laura’s ability to transport you in time and location via her photography and writing is the bar to which I reach. And I know these awards are not the “Oscars” and truthfully I am honoured anyone reads my blog at all, but to have someone else recognize your effort and acknowledge your work is encouraging.
As part of my acceptance of this award I am to list seven things others may not know about me. So drum roll please…..
- My entire career has been in IT Management with the exception of my first year out of college. In those 12 months I worked as a software developer and was the only woman in my department.
- I have a lethal allergy to penicillin, vancomycin and the dye used in MRIs.
- My favourite wine? Any Shiraz from Australia.
- Thai food is my favourite! (Panang curry anyone?)
- I am a trained voice-over artist.
- My first SLR was a Pentax.
- I married my college sweet heart, we have two beautiful daughters and three dogs.
As the award states (read rules here), I must list 15 of the blogs I follow and read regularly! So my nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
Lastly, I just wanted to acknowledge all who I follow – I wish I could have listed you all. Our blogs are an expression and extension of our ourselves for the world to admire or mock. We pour our heart and souls into what we write not for accolades but because what we write about means something to us. I commend you all for having the courage to be vulnerable in pursuit of your passion and I thank you for allowing me to plug your inbox with my posts!
~ True North Nomad